Saturday, July 9, 2011

Voice of a Nation

I want to be the
voice of hope
of reason
of undying love
the advocate for all
the little girls
who've grown into
women
that understandably
hold onto anger
betrayal
hurt and fear
lavished
ravished
thrown upon them
by some
lying
maniacal
perverted
man
with low self esteem
so many years ago
I want to be the voice
that eradicates
validates
brings the
vision back
cleansing
the soul
planting new seeds
of worth
of knowledge
of peace
that makes her whole
again
I have no idea
what the monster
of wrong feels or looks
like
I want to be the pillow
of words
she
rests her head on
at night
knowing there's
a higher power
that will eventually
make all things
right
the memories will
never disappear
but I want to be
the voice that calms
the fear that helps
her forgive
so she can
flourish
in her heart
and live
I want to be that voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment