Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Miss You


Nights spent center stage
first step in a succession of many
started out slow but we always
have lots of energy
we caress each other with our words
never the finger tips
only with pens
and voices strong
passion sounds like screaming
but we be getting along
teams of both sexes
battling it out
until the mic hits the floor
we go down hard
sweet
and sensitive
leaving the audience
wanting more
I miss every inch of you
every one of you
my platform arrived
yet it was already
there
with just enough room for me
at the Inn
my journey
to the land of coffee beans
from one Venue to
so many that only
Busboys and Poets are
now my latest family
we get together whenever
time allows
exchanging vowels for vows
of engaging vernacular
that resonates in our hearts
making sweet sorrow the
end results of our parts
we hold on to our faith
to fight the fear so tears
won't show
no idea when we'll
wrap dictionary terms
around another Illustration
of the power of prose.

No comments:

Post a Comment