Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Knight for a Night

Tall, lanky and vertical
accepted the task on second thought
maybe he wanted to be the hero for a
lady just on principle.

Smiled at me while asking if I indeed was
ready to leave, we mounted the pavement
and began to walk, he had me on the inside of the path
held his arm outstretched to keep me on the curb and
in less than a block we were
at the entrance of a powerful mechanical steed.

He was a perfect gentleman invested by the King to make
sure this first lady had safe passage back to her new homeland
bound to the codes of chivalrous conduct he forged thru
the masses with a tight grip of my hand.

The mechanical steed had seats too many to count yet no two
side by side so my knight for a night sat me in the saddle
while he stood next to me smiling while still on his feet. In terms
of distance he went the extra mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment