Sunday, July 8, 2012

Get Over You, Get Over Me!

Someone somewhere is trying
To get over me
Like I'm trying to
Get over him
Not because of hurt
Inflicted
But by things
Predicted
You see we just weren't
Meant to be
Not this lifetime
Season or realm
No matter how we tried
To twist and interwine
Oil and water
Just don't mix
One additive added to
Another sometimes
Just dilutes
We both can shine
With perfect balance
One out of four seasons
Is all it takes
But we forever
Were out of sync
Somewhere someone is trying
To get over me
Like I'm trying to get over him
But the dj's have a conspiracy
Against us for they
Keep playing that
Song, that melody
That relights the flame
Rekindles a fire
Inside you, inside me
Which brings about
A revisit
To a pound of pleasure
An infection
With no cure
A pill, a needle
A transfusion
I don't know the long
Term remedy
But I'm hopeful
That rescue is not too far gone
For the need is obvious
We're spinning around
On our axis
Lost yet found
We are the center
Of synergy
Somewhere someone is trying
To get over me
Like I'm trying to get over him!

No comments:

Post a Comment