Monday, July 9, 2012

Eyes On Me

I need to see you
From the inside out
Because the you I lay my eyes on daily
Can't be all you're about
There's got to be something
Ruminating deep down within
From love to life
You can't be full of empty
Thoughts
Lust and havoc
I need to see you
A lot
Past the eyes of you
A little deeper
Into the heart of you
Where I can grab a hold
To the hands of your being
So we can walk together
Get somewhere
And be stranded
Dependent
Attached to each other
Over covered
Protected
Connected delicately
Sincerely
Without influence
From the turbulent ones
Who would have us
At odds with one another
Whirling around in a mess
Instead of frolicking
In our garden of bliss
I need to see you
Because I can't stand to be
On this plateau without you
Another eternity longer
That's what time feels like
When you're far removed from me
And spatial reasoning won't bring
You near
Closer in proximity to my current
Atmosphere
I need to see you
As if staring into the sun
Only blinds me to my own faults
And helps me see you
As naked truth
Because I am
Lost with you as I am lost without you
I need to see you
Like the moon sun and stars
Rise and set in unison
Hang out in the heavens
Ajar
Celestial planets
Giving off heat and energy
Radiant rays of radiance
For all to admire
Falling from the sky
As meteors
Balls of rock glass and fire
I need to see you
Like a bandit robs
For the shear pleasure
Of a simple complex thrill
And
A hitman kills because he gets paid to
And a bounty hunter hunts the wanted
To bring 'em back dead or alive
I need to see you
So I can survive

No comments:

Post a Comment