Saturday, June 16, 2012

Love Shaked and Speared


My love for him is Shakespearean
Like how many times will he try to kill me
With his sugar coated lies
And empty senseless alibis
I died often
At my own hand
But I keep bringing me
Back
Like curtain calls
And encores
When his performance is
Far below mediocre
I want more
Substance must be added
He’s theatrical
Or maybe it’s me
Shakespearean
An inward drama
With lights
Whistles
Bells and bold colors
He’s comical
Sometimes I just shake my
Head
Knowing full well I want
To slap him
Full swing
Like left hook
Knockout punch
He’s satirical
Trying to confuse my
Love
Killing me softly
Using irony
Sarcasm or ridicule
To denounce
Me
Exposing my heart
To capture like vice grips and
Annihilate
My love for him is Shakespearean
Like how many times will he try to kill me
Before I die
With permanence.

No comments:

Post a Comment