Friday, June 1, 2012

Lastly

I never believed in love at first sight
I still don't but I promise when I saw
His face on that open mic poster
I swooned, for a second, I know
And then it started
I began a strategy
To make my free time
About him
Without divulging this
Synchronicity
To anyone, not even my mom
Laugh out loud
Then the appointed day and the hour
I saw him, I saw him perform
I heard him, I heard him sing
I wanted, I wanted a piece of him
I settled, I settled for a melodic memory
Until
Until the next time I saw him at another
Venue
It was there that I knew what I had to do
Introductions, smiles and purposeful plans
To connect again
And we did
When he strokes his guitar
I'm the only one in the room
Not really but relatively
Understand it's my dream
My art, my poetry
It's all about him
It's all about me
And then he invited me over
Because he lived around the corner
Forty five minutes literally
I thought I'm gonna be a groupie
But there was only me
I pondered
I relaxed
We chatted, we ate, we revealed just a corner
Of ourselves
And then we fell asleep, peacefully
I liked that as much as I love him now

No comments:

Post a Comment