Tuesday, April 16, 2013

16/30 National Poetry Month Challenge

I tried to tell them in more ways than one
what it is you dislike about me
shines bright like the sun
I didn't create it
but I am part of it
by the hands
by the breath
by the thought
and by the heart
I'm way past your
tainted perception

I tried to tell them in more ways than one
injustice shall have a fight
but it won't come from me
at the end of the day my support system
has documented all the wrongs inflicted
there's a force that will respond
to every misguided vendetta or
retaliation against me simply because one
doesn't understand the strength of my ethics

I tried to tell them in more ways than one
there are boundaries set in place
for their protection and for my grace
they shall suffer the same pain and then some
that they tried to inflict on me
revenge is saved for Him who can
give it justly
I'm just a humble servant
with a glow that shows

No comments:

Post a Comment