Sunday, April 14, 2013

15/30 National Poetry Month Challenge

I'm in love with my imagination
Of him
Seems to be the only way we
Both win at least
That's what decorates my insides
Here in my daydreams
We like who we are
Our behaviors mesh
He ain't trying to rescue or repair me
And I ain't trying to change or trick him
We just harmonize like the lips
Of an artist on the metal
Of my harmonica
He kisses me and I melt
He smiles and I melt again
Like oil and water blend
Making butter that glides
On bread
He feeds me
And I nourish him
I'm in love with my imagination
When I close my eyes
And hold my breath
I feel him
Cover me like a blanket
Soft, firm and comforting
I exhale
He inhales
Me
Like I'm his survival, his gravity
Polar tendacies
We're connected
Galaxies apart
I hold onto hope and romance
Because he's real, he has to be
But for now
He's creativity
My imagination
My pen
My poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment