Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Imagine That

My imagination helps me stay in the game
the game of life when I’m hanging out on a limb
of love’s tree
where like a ripened apple
I dangle waiting for the basket
to sit underneath to catch me

My imagination
my mental creation
puts me in a place
complete because therein
is me and you
no matter what the truth is

Faculties are all my energies
colors, powers, and decorative
imagery lined up in my cranium
that keeps you near me
helping to resolve love’s
fancy difficulties

The senses can’t touch
see, smell, hear or taste you
but the imagination makes you
present, ideal, distinct and eventually
consistent with my reality

My imagination is so resourceful
gives me the ability to sail along
while I wait for you to come around
to the concept of you and me
and illustrative piece of poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment