Thursday, March 21, 2013

Desert Love

Dehydrated or so it seems
my love life is barren
every so often along the way
I run into a cactus
but before I can enjoy
the fruit of it I prick
the fingers of my heart
I think I'll turn into a camel
and live off the love leftover
in the hump on my back
suppose it will get me just so far
is there a gauge in that hump

My Eros is in error
like negative in it's polar effect
or so it seems
I'm looking to the future
and every time I think I'm getting closer
there the heat is
I recognize a mirage when I feel one
I mean when I see one
I'm wild and lovely but
alone in my wilderness
Dehydrated or so it seems

There's that love designed for desert
living and it's going to find it's way
to me for I am a resting place
for weary affection that
has traveled the sands of a lonely
existence
I am a burst of color
Saxifrage.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment