Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Captive

You had me held in your maze
Before you knew my inspection
Reflection
I took one look at your photograph
And lost my train of thought
I was starstruck
For you became my celebrity
Instantly
And then
I saw you
Standing before me
Center stage
And I wanted you
To hear your words
Stroking my ear drums
Like your fingers
Manipulate strings
To make melodies
I wanted to take you home
With me on paper or discs
Elation
Invitation
You took me home with you instead
Leftover chicken and conversation
The moon was high
We watched movies of other stars
Until sleep took over
We lay with closed eyes
And opened arms
Warm embraces
Cuddle style
With the morning sun
We were one in artist spirit
And I became a groupie
But now it seems that you can't
Get enough of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment