Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's All I Want

Getting through to him is like
sinking in quicksand
there's nothing to it
my words disappear as fast as I
can think them
as fast as I can say them
as fast as I can text them
it's like he reads them but he's
dyslexic
but that ain't it at all
I have no clue
does he,
who knows

All I want is for him to get me
it's like wet cement
you know you can make an impression
just as soon as it dries
but the drying time
is so unstable
even if it's predictable
I write the words with my fingers
with my hearts blood
that's running thin like ink
I'm not confused about it
but I swear I can't think
I know I'm wasting away
just my time
'cause I'm strong
framework is steal
like someone keeps moving
my boundary lines
I put up with him
and his shenanigans
just until I've had enough
or better yet 'til the
sun rises on my presence
and recognition shows up
in it's purest form

All I want is to hear
melodies that sound like
threads of fine cotton
sewing me to him
with the humming of the
machine that holds
the fabric of life together
with a seam of certainty,
sheets of love like
arms that embrace while the words
flow like endless rivers of vernacular
smooth as silk and strong as steel.


No comments:

Post a Comment