Sunday, May 13, 2012

Solo

I live alone
I don't like it
Anymore now than I did
When my children left me
For their summer breaks
And growing sojourns
But I'm mature enough to
Know this season is a study
Program of God's proportions
A ration at a time
I'm to learn of Him and how
I've come to be
It's deeper than the eye can see
We are dense, deep and complex
Yet easy as breathing
Inhale to exhale
A poetic prophetic phrase
For me first and then for those He
Sends this way.
I live alone
I don't like it
The silence is not my cup
Of serenity
But I hear God
Speak to my heart about the
Burdens of His children and reality
I alone cannot save the world
But in His hands I am a balm
Tangible and my words are His words
Spoken to bless, to comfort, console and confirm
By the light of the moon
An evening breeze
Peace and melodies
Soothe and appease the tension that torments
I am a current of God's transforming energy.
I live alone
I don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment